Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Greatest Songs of 2010 Playlist

Ok, now this is a playlist that took me hours to put together. It wasn't the song selection, which only took me about 20 minutes, no. The real time sink was getting them in the right order. I didn't want to put them in a worst to best order. For one thing that would be almost impossible to determine. I also didn't want them in a completely arbitrary structure like alphabetical; we are talking about the best songs of the year not reference books.

So then I realized why not just make it like a compilation CD track list and make each song flow into the other as best as I could. BRILLIANT! At least that is what I thought until about hour 2 of skipping to the end of tracks to double check if I had the best transition, but I persevered.

So with out further ado, here is my Best of 2010 Playlist.
* indicates the video is worth a look, not just a listen.

You Are Dangerous - Steel Train

Garbage Truck - Sex Bob-omb

Black Sheep - Metric

The Diamond Church Street Choir - The Gaslight Anthem

Beatles - Daniel Johnston (This link says it is from 2009, they are wrong)

Fuck You - Cee Lo Green

Beautiful People - The Books

My Body is a Cage - Peter Gabriel

Power of The Heart - Peter Gabriel

The Like in I Love You - Brian Wilson

Summertime - Brian Wilson

Goodbye Sweet Dreams - Roky Erickson w/ Okkervil River

Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons

*Little Bird - Eels

Songbird - Crash Test Dummies

57821 - Janelle MonĂ¡e

To Darkness / Kripa - The Dharohar Project, Laura Marling and Mumford & Sons

All of The Lights (Interlude) - Kanye West

All of The Lights - Kanye West

Group Autogenics I - The Books

*The Best of Times - Sage Francis

Blame Game - Kanye West (Unfortunatly this video has the hideous album cover)

Airplanes prt2 - B.o.B.

Rhinestone Eyes - Gorillaz

*Some Kind of Nature - Gorillaz

Swallow It - Brandon Flowers

You and I Undercover - Steel Train

*The Cave - Mumford & Sons

Devil Town - Daniel Johnston

Fall Asleep - Steel Train

No comments:

Post a Comment